Coro Amadeus IN
Children and Junior Section of the Asociación Coro Amadeus
Calle Julia Urdiain Zubelzu, 2
Telephone: (+34) 699 086 508 (+34) 609 461 009
General Secretary of the Association: Ángela García (email@example.com)
Artistic Director: Alonso Gómez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Children and Junior Section
Its first performance took place in November 2008 and since then it has offered numerous concerts, galas and performances. The choir works in Badajoz and counts, in different sections, with eighty voices, most of them are students of the Professional Conservatory of Music ‘Juan Vázquez’. Activity is organised according to the academic year, every year performing admission tests as from 7 years of age.
The concerts try to approach children and the junior public to choral music, providing a fresh, dynamic, joyful and entertaining and real perspective thereof. This is not incompatible with values like respect, discipline, seriousness and rigour, they demonstrate in the rehearsals.
In other words, the choir maintains a vertebrated artistic activity in musical dissemination and the integral training of its members. The participation in Amadeus-IN allows its members to know a varied musical literature and through it, different cultures, languages, customs, etc. without forgetting the nearest facet of their cultural reality: that of Extremadura. In this way, in the concert programmes arrangements of traditional works from Japan, Trinidad and Tobago, Serbia, Portugal, African countries coexist with other popular ones from Extremadura or Gregorian monodies transcribed from historic sources and archives of the Region.
Altogether, Amadeus-IN is currently one of the reference children’s groups in the region and the main collaborator in the different series organised by the Instituto Extremeño de Canto y Dirección Coral for the development of the Plan de Acción Extremadura y su Música (Extremadura and Its Music Action Plan) (junior and children’s scope).
At present, the group develops the project ‘Amadeus Choir Project 2019’ which, over recent years, has counted with financing from the Department of Culture and Equality of the Extremaduran Government.
Most Important Performances
- Concert together with the Orquesta Infantil y Juvenil de Extremadura, conductors: A. Gómez, A. Castillo, F. Romero and G. Castro. Palacio de Congresos de Plasencia, December 22nd 2018.
- Participation with the Orquesta de Extremadura, conducted by César Guerrero, in the entertainment event ‘35 years of music in Extremadura’. Teatro Romano de Mérida, September 7th 2018.
- Performance of the Extremadura Anthem with the OEX, conducted by César Guerrero, in the official event to award the Extremadura Medals Teatro Romano de Mérida, September 7th 2018
- Concert in the Grande Auditorio de la Universidad de Évora. Opening Concert in the Feria Corais Jovens 2018.
- Concert and performance in the Monasterio de Yuste. Delivery of the European Prize Carlos V (Fundación Academia Europea de Yuste), May 9th 2017.
- Concert within the series ‘The Children Singers’ organised by InDiCCEx (Iglesia San Juan de Ribera de Badajoz), May 7th 2017.
- Concert within the III Encuentro de Voces Blancas Villa de Laredo (Cantabria), December 17th 2016.
- Concert within the classical music series organised by the MUBA (Museo de Bellas Artes de Badajoz), June 30th 2016.
- Concert and performance in the Monasterio de Yuste. Delivery of the European Prize Carlos V (Fundación Academia Europea de Yuste), May 9th 2016.
- Concert in the Council Hall of the Provincial County Council of Badajoz (Presentation of the Amadeus-IN’s Friends Programme), May 6th 2016.
- Concert in the Palacio de Congresos Manuel Rojas together with the Orquesta de Extremadura (A Musical tale: Los Mundos de Alba), April 30th 2015.
- Concert in the Coria Cathedral Coria (Caceres). (Concerts for the Development of Extremadura and its music action plan) March 22nd 2015.
- Performance in the Higher Conservatory of Music ‘Manuel Castillo’ of Sevilla (together with the mixed choir), June 17th 2011.
- Concert in the Parroquia Nuestra Señora de la O en Rota (Cádiz), June 22nd 2010.